Bacon & Onion Campfire Hasselback Potato
- 1 russet potato
- 1 slice of uncooked bacon (chopped)
- 1 slice of white onion (quartered)
- salt & pepper
- aluminum foil
- Cut even slices along the potato about a ⅔ of the way down the potato.
- Place slices of onion in each crack of the potato, then stuff bacon inside on top of onions.
- Take about a foot and a half of aluminum foil, folding it in half.
- Place potato on the aluminum foil, adding salt & pepper to taste.
- Fold the aluminum foil around the potato.
- Add another layer of aluminum foil around the already foiled potato.
- Place foiled potato into the firepit, beside the fire (refer to picture).
- Cook for about 45 minutes, rotating every fifteen minutes.