Mini Breakfast Strata
- 200 g frozen puff pastry (thawed)
- 1 1/2 cups of diced ham
- 1/2 cup packed diced spinach
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 2 cups shredded cheese
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Once you have thawed your puff pastry, on a floured surface, flatten the dough with a floured rolling pin until quite thin, and covers about a 12×12 inch area.
- Using a circle cutter, or mouth of a cup, cut circles out of the puff pastry large enough to fill the bottom of a muffin tin.
- Place puff pastry in the bottom of each muffin cup. You should be able to fill 12-15 cups.
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl, add salt & pepper.
- Now begin layering your ingredients on top of the puff pastry. I layered ham, spinach, mushroom, red pepper, green onion, then poured in 2-3 tablespoons of egg, and topped with a generous amount of shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 400F for about 20-25 minutes until it has puffed and cheese becomes golden brown on top.
- Remove the mini strata with a spoon and serve!
Original Recipe: http://bsinthekitchen.com/mini-breakfast-strata/